Sound, the Energy of Creation
For centuries, mystics have been telling us that sound actually creates matter. (A mystic is someone who seeks direct contact or union with God.) Hindu, Buddhist and Jewish mystics believe that the Word creates and pervades everything that exists.
But, the sound by which all things are created isn't just any sound. It's the Word of God.
In the Bible John wrote, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Interestingly, in the ancient Hindu Vedas we read, "In the beginning was Brahman with whom was the Word, and the Word is Brahman."
Mystics believe the world is a reflection of infinite combinations of sound patterns. They say that all things, from the biggest star to the smallest flower—and even you and I—are coagulations of sound waves.
On a cosmic scale, there may be evidence that sound has left its imprint on the galaxies. Some scientists argue that the galaxies are not arranged at random but in a regular pattern of clusters. Now researchers are suggesting that it was primordial sound waves that helped create this pattern of clusters.1
In the field of cymatics, Prof. Hans Jenny, a Swiss scientist, found that sound waves passed through various kinds of malleable matter, such as paste and sand, caused the formation of geometric patterns.
Following Jenny's lead, photographer Alexander Lauterwasser photographed the patterns on the surface of water set into motion by the sound of pure sine waves, vocal music and music by Beethoven. Looking at these patterns, we can begin to imagine how creation by sound might occur.
The more one studies these things, the more one realizes that sound is the creative principle. It must be regarded as primordial. No single phenomenal category can be claimed as the aboriginal principle. We cannot say, in the beginning was number, or in the beginning was symmetry, etc. These are categorical properties which are implicit in what brings forth and what is brought forth. By using them in description we approach the heart of the matter. They are not themselves the creative power. This power is inherent in tone, in sound. - Hans Jenny
We can harness that sound force for positive change. The mystics of East and West have connected with the power of creation by repeating spoken mantras and the names of God.
Many people are discovering that if they use the energy of sound properly, they can create positive change in every area of life.
By ultimate knowledge of sound, man can not only create, but he can also destroy. This is why the masters and gurus of the East require long periods of testing and proving of the chelas before each level of greater power can be bestowed by the giving of the inner secrets of the Word.
Nevertheless, the use of sound is available unto anyone who makes the effort—and upon the magnitude of effort rests the degree of control, power and spiritual attunement that comes into our lives. - Elizabeth Clare Prophet
1. See Sound Waves May Drive Cosmic Structure, Science News 151, 11 January 1997.
- Your Real Self
- The Mind-Body Connection of Prayer
- Sound The Energy Of Creation
- Spoken Prayer Is More Effective than Silent Prayer
- Multicultural Traditions of Prayer
- According To God's Will?
- Effectiveness of Decrees and Mantras: Stories and Studies
Exploring the Power of the Spoken Word
- What Is The Science Of The Spoken Word
- God's Name Is The Password
- I AM Affirmations
- Decrees - A Tool for Spiritual Acceleration
- Connect With the Energy of Your Higher Self
- Why Ask God More Than Once?
- Mystics And Scientists Agree On Repetition Of Prayer
- Decrees are Like Spiritual Letters
- Prayers - What Do You Want?
- Prayers - Getting Results
- The Violet Flame
- Mastering The Art And Science Of Spoken Prayer
- Decrees - Listen And Experiment
Books on Prayer, Meditation and the Science of the Spoken Word
- I Am Your Guard - How Archangel Michael Can Protect You
- The Science of the Spoken Word
- Creative Power of Sound: Affirmations to Create, Heal and Transform
- Prayer and Meditation
- The Chela and the Path: Keys to Soul Mastery in the Aquarian Age