Lo, now the conquering hero descends into your temple!1 Lo, it is the blessed Christ Presence, the Holy One of God, your conquering hero, conquering all that is not of God within you, conquering the world and death and hell. This is the empowerment of your Holy Christ Self. Therefore, clear the way! Clear the way! Clear the way for the descent, O beloved, into your temple. Some among you are ready for that descent, almost. I say, persevere in devotions unto me that I might facilitate this merging of yourself in Christ, that I might facilitate this oneness.
So the conquering heroes march with the Faithful and True,2 and I AM THAT I AM the faithful and true witness unto your Christhood. Thus, beloved, I hold out the mirror, even the great mirror that is in the retreat of the Great White Brotherhood.3 So, then, you may look into this mirror now and you cannot avert your gaze, for I place this mirror before you that you may look to* yourself. See yourself, then, at inner levels. See what is the state of the soul. Does it resemble the reality of your Christ Self? See the inner man of the heart. See your true being. Are you my twin, beloved, or are you not?4
The twinness of us two, multiplied many times over, is not in outer appearance, but it is in the inner quality of the soul. For that quotient of light that must be yours for the definition of Christhood is the same for all, though not in individualization, though not in aspects of life’s calling. But the white light and the Christos itself—that, beloved, is unchanging even in the white-fire core of being. Thus be content, then, to scrutinize yourself in the cosmic mirror perhaps once a year or twice that you might keep a running log of how you are entering in to the perfection of your own Real Self.
(Now, blessed students, be seated in my love.)
Surely it is the hour of the coming again of the teachings that I taught. I taught many by night, not only Nicodemus. For in these hours there are attending angels, there are many who come from higher octaves. Thus, in the stillness of the night and for the protection of meetings where the mysteries are imparted, where initiations are given, you have been accustomed to meeting at these hours, beloved. They are sacred and holy, for we endow them with the sacredness of all being. And there is, then, that traveling of the mind and the being into the heights of spiritual planes and even into the depths of the initiations of death and hell.
You have been my initiates before. Not all of you were there in Galilee or in Palestine, but, beloved, you have known me. You have known me. Some have kept the light of my initiations. This is laudable. Others have lost it. This is, in the very least, understandable.
All come now to the place of the return. And beneath the stars and shielded by the mountains and nestled in the valleyhere at this altitude, so there do come the beings of the Himalayas and the Divine Mother. Lord Himalaya frequents this property, as do Vaivasvata Manu, the God and Goddess Meru, the Great Divine Director. For they would draw here the highest lightbearers of the root races that they might embody the law of Manu, the Great Law of Manu, beloved. It is the original pattern for the root race. It is the original assignment and the direction.
Thus, you have come from root races or you have come from bands of angels or you have come from other systems of worlds, but you share planet Earth, whatever your point of origin. The point of origin in Matter is not nearly so key in this hour as the point of return in Spirit. Thus, there is a common denominator that you share, and that common denominator is the deep desiring of the soul to realize more than the human potential.
Be not envious of those who have used their sacred fire and their light to aggrandize that human potential, but think, beloved, of the hidden man of the heart5 who is strong in your breast and who is thy Real Self. Think, then, of achievement and measure it by the increase of reality and the waxing strong of the hidden man of the heart until you are that man, that manifestation.
Thus, this common denominator you share is a deep, deep inner memory. [And] come what may, [whatever] would encircle you, [whatever] the remarks and the calls of those whom you know, there is that longing, there is that depth of being that truly is one with the bedrock of the reality of God synchronized with the very planetary body itself.
You come, then, with a common memory of the violet flame, the mystery schools, Maitreya, going forth therefrom—being lost, being found, being lost, being found again, tripping over your garments, tumbling into the mud, taking lifetimes to clear those records and yet always inside, the burning desire, the burning desire, the burning desire for the return.
So you have come home to the heart of my Lord Maitreya. And here together, your eyes are opened. Yes, now you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.6 For it is given to you, not by the Serpent but by the Lord Maitreya, that you must know what is absolute Evil of the fallen ones and what is absolute God-Good of the heavens and of all the saints that fill the skyey dome above you.
Yes, beloved, that initiation must come. Thus, with eyes opened you see through the shams of those who pretend to be leaders of this world but more often are the leaders of the underworld who have surfaced only to vex the children of the light who know not the way of the binding of those who interfere with the upward movement of nations.
Yes, it is time. You have tackled the labor of your clearances.7 And how we rejoice that so many have heard the call and gathered! There be others across the earth who were a part of that scene on Lemuria of the murder of the then incarnation of the Divine Mother.8 They will come, for you have cleared the way. You have been the first fruits to bear the burdens of these records and to search your souls to understand why you allowed this to happen or participated in some way.
Well, beloved, it is good to mourn. It is good to go through the purging fires, tears of sorrow, then tears of joy. It is good to stabilize. It is good to enter again into the armies of the Divine Mother. Thus I tell you, you who have done the work on this labor of the clearing of the fallen angels who plotted that death, you, then, are in a position to join the armies of Durga, of the Great Kali, to join in the great temples of Sarasvati, to attain to the wisdom of the Mother and of Lakshmi, to attain to the full manifestation, in feminine form, of Vishnu. Yes, beloved, you are closer to the Divine Mother now [more] than ever before, for you have conceded this wrong and determined to make it right.
*I.e., to look at. Defined by OED: “To direct a look or glance to. In early use chiefly Scottish, equivalent to the modern look at.”
Continued in Part 2, published in Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 47, no. 34.
“The Summit Lighthouse Sheds Its Radiance o’er All the World to Manifest as Pearls of Wisdom.”
This dictation by Jesus Christ was delivered by the Messenger of the Great White Brotherhood Elizabeth Clare Prophet on Wednesday, September 1, 1993, at the Royal Teton Ranch, Park County, Montana. It was the concluding address to the students of Summit University Summer Session 1993, Levels I and II, and of the Ministerial Program.
1. “Lo, the Conquering Hero Comes” from the oratorio Judas Maccabaeus by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759) was played as the meditation music before the dictation. The messenger Elizabeth Clare Prophet has taught that certain composers have drawn forth the music of the spheres through the twelve hierarchies of the Sun. Handel, who was born on February 23 under the sign of Pisces, is recognized as a Piscean composer.
2. Faithful and True. “And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True.... And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations.” Rev. 19:11, 15.
3. Great Mirror. The chela may be taken to the Cave of Symbols or to the Royal Teton Retreat to look into the cosmic mirror under the guidance of the ascended masters. The Cosmic Mirror at the Cave of Symbols (Saint Germain’s retreat in the Rocky Mountains) keys into the chela’s etheric body and reflects his or her past lives—including the cause and effect of every thought, feeling, word and deed he or she has ever manifested—as well as the original blueprint of the divine plan, good momentums he or she has developed, and conditions that need correction.
Mark and Elizabeth Prophet have taught: “When you have sufficiently prepared yourself for a psychological probe of past circumstances affecting current events in your life, the master will lead you before the Cosmic Mirror in the Royal Teton Retreat. At first glance it looks like an ordinary motion picture screen. The master selects certain records taken from akasha, which are also contained in the memory of the soul, and upon the Cosmic Mirror they come alive.
“This is beyond 3-D—you are there! A portion of a past life, or more than one, passes before you, but you are a living part of this nonfiction play of light and darkness with shades of gray. It is almost too much to handle. Instantly you are aware, as in an orb of all-knowingness, of the ramifications of your karma even as you relive the emotions, the premeditated thoughts and the acts themselves.
“This could be a most painful experience, you tell yourself, all the while sensing your Higher Consciousness standing guard and telling you gently but firmly not to give way to extremes of despondency or ecstasy, but to face the future with a hope based on the scientific knowledge that in your hands lies the power to change.... [And] you look forward to establishing a new equilibrium by mastering the very circumstances you’ve just relived” (Morya I, p. 351 n. 5; The Lost Teachings of Jesus II, p. 231).
4. Jesus’ twin. The Gnostic scripture the Gospel of Thomas is attributed to Judas Thomas, who is called Jesus’ “twin.” (Thomas is the Aramaic word for “twin.”) The Messenger has explained: “Some people have mistakenly interpreted the concept of Thomas as Jesus’ twin as meaning a physical twin brother. [But the Gnostics understood that] as we aspire and become our Real Self, we are becoming one with that Christ Self. The Christ Self of us is also the Christ of Jesus. They are one and the same. So when we become like, or the reflection of, our Holy Christ Self, we also become the twin of Jesus.... Jesus was continually emphasizing in the Gnostic gospels that we should drink from the same source from which he had drunk and therefore become like him. Jesus stressed that God wanted the disciples to become like him, to become equal to him and a part of him and then they would be one with the Father, the Father-Mother God, as he was one.” As scholar Elaine Pagels asserts, the implicit message to the reader of the Gospel of Thomas is: “Whoever comes to understand these books discovers, like Thomas, that Jesus is his ‘twin’—his spiritual ‘other self’.” (See Elizabeth Clare Prophet, “The Lost Teachings of Jesus on the Gospel of Thomas,” Part I, October 13, 1991, and Part II, October 11, 1992 available at www.AscendedMasterLibrary.org.)
5. Hidden man of the heart. “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” I Pet. 3:4. “For I delight in the law of God after the inward man.” Rom. 7:22. “[Jesus Christ] would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man.” Eph. 3:16. “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Ps. 23:1. “His delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.” Ps. 1:2.
Mark and Elizabeth Clare Prophet have taught that the hidden man of the heart is the Christ consciousness: “You have to realize the power that is available to you through your Higher Self. Now, I’m not talking about this lower self. . . . I’m talking about the Real Man, ‘the inner man,’ or ‘the inward man,’ as Paul identified him (Rom. 7:22; Eph. 3:16). This ‘hidden man of the heart,’ as Peter referred to him (I Pet. 3:4), is not only the voice of conscience but your Real Self and the intermediary between your evolving soul and your I AM Presence.
“ ‘The hidden man of the heart’—isn’t that a tremendous concept when you stop and think about it? Well, who is the hidden man of the heart? That’s the Christ image. But it has to be adapted. Did you know that? It has to be fit to our capacity to understand it, until the narrow room of our consciousness adapts to it.
“...At first we have to relate to the Christ image in the best way we know how. And once we let him in, we find that we are the ones who are beginning to adapt—slowly but surely to the T square of the cross and the 360 degrees of the crown. This is the value of the concept of Christ the carpenter. He is continually adapting the Christ image to our need. Jesus is the expert craftsman. He has successfully adapted the Christ image to millions!” (The Lost Teachings of Jesus I, pp. 111-12).
The ascended master Djwal Kul revealed that “David knew his Lord as the hidden man of the heart dwelling in the hidden chamber of the heart. When David said, ‘The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want’ (Ps. 23:1), he spoke of his guru, his own Christ Self, upon whose law he meditated day and night.
“Throughout all time, the sons and daughters of God who have come into the initiations of hierarchy have been received in sacred audience in the hidden chamber of the heart by the hidden man of the heart. To Hindus and Buddhists, this hidden chamber is the secondary heart chakra, an eight-petaled lotus that is identified within the twelve-petaled heart chakra.
“It is the place where the chela contacts the guru. It is the place where the laws of cosmos are written in the inward parts of man, the laws handed down through the world’s religions—the precepts of the Vedas and Upanishads, the Avesta, the Tao Te Ching, the Dhammapada and Eightfold Path of the Buddha, the Torah and the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and the Koran. For the law is inscribed upon the inner walls of the hidden chamber of the heart. Here the psalmist delighted in the law of the Lord” (Ps. 1:2) (The Human Aura).
6. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the Christ Self, the discriminator of absolute Good and relative good and evil, who stands at the nexus of the flow of the figure-eight interchange of the energies of Spirit and Matter.
7. Labors of Hercules. In August 1989, the messenger requested decree assignments from El Morya to accomplish “meritorious deeds” that would help the Great White Brotherhood, El Morya, the Church and the lightbearers of the world. During the 1989 fall conference, The 12 Labors of Hercules, Archangel Michael announced that Hercules and the seven mighty Elohim had come to give us spiritual labors. He said: “They come to give you those assignments whereby this world may be delivered of certain increments of karma and certain manifestations of the fallen ones whose time is up.” During the conference, the messenger and chelas worked on twelve spiritual labors corresponding to the twelve labors of Hercules in Greek mythology. Beloved Hercules and El Morya have periodically given us labors for the binding of astral forces and fallen angels attacking the lightbearers. These decree assignments, as the messenger has explained, are also for penance, initiation and the balancing of karma.
8. The murder of the Divine Mother on Lemuria refers to the murder of the highest representative of the then Divine Mother in the era on Lemuria.
Copyright © 2004 Summit Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.
Pearls of Wisdom®, the Pearls of Wisdom® masthead, Keepers of the Flame®, The Summit Lighthouse® and The Summit Lighthouse® logo are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All rights to their use are reserved.