Ascended Masters - Chohans of the Seven Rays
The ascended masters are the mystics, saints and sages of East and West, great avatars and servants of light who balanced at least 51 percent of their karma, fulfilled their dharma, or divine plan, and balanced their threefold flame, and ascended back to the Presence of the I AM THAT I AM. These stellar graduates from earth's schoolroom have attained union with God, their I AM Presence.
The ascended masters are part of a vast brotherhood of spiritual beings and angelic hosts that join hands with mankind to work for the betterment of life on earth. This spiritual order, the Great White Brotherhood*, works with earnest seekers and public servants of every race, religion and walk of life to assist humanity in its evolution.
They demonstrate that the world of Spirit has no division of race, religion or philosophy—there is simply oneness.
Elizabeth Clare Prophet - Your Soul's Pathway Home
Seven Ascended Masters Teach the Seven Paths to God
By getting to know the ascended masters who are the chohans of the seven rays, we come into an awareness of the seven paths back to the heart of the I AM Presence. The seven color rays are the natural division of the pure white light emanating from the heart of God as it descends through the prism of manifestation.
These are the subdivisions of the wholeness of Christ. Regardless of their color, all of the flames have a white-fire core of purity, which embodies all of the attributes of God and which may be invoked by those who desire to expand the Christ consciousness.
The seven rays present seven paths to individual or personal Christhood. Seven masters have mastered identity by walking these paths, defined as the seven archetypes of Christhood. These seven masters are called the chohans, or lords, of the rays. Chohan is a Sanskrit term for lord, and lord is equivalent to law; hence the chohan is the action of the law of the ray. To be a chohan on one of the seven rays means that this master defines the law on that ray; through him that energy of the Christ and of God flows to mankind, to all who are evolving on that particular path.
The chohans are the closest ascended masters to those who would be chelas, or students, of the gurus of the Great White Brotherhood. The chohans function in planes of perfection, but these planes are simultaneously one with the Matter plane where we are. So, the chohans are here with us. There is a congruency of Spirit and Matter where we are, and we understand that time and space are but coordinates of infinity.
Seven Chohans or Lords of the Seven Rays
El Morya, the chohan of the first ray is the Chief of the Darjeeling Council, a council of ascended masters of the Great White Brotherhood who work with the governments of the world.
Lanto is the lord of the second ray, the yellow ray of illumination. He is concerned with the education of the heart and the illumination of the youth of the world.
Paul the Venetian is the chohan of the third ray of divine love, the pink flame. He sponsors the ascended master culture for this age and works with all who desire to manifest that culture in the arts.
Serapis Bey, chohan of the fourth ray. Serapis Bey is the teacher of the path to the ascension.
Hilarion is the chohan of the fifth ray and a healing master on the green ray of health, precipitation and truth. He was embodied as the apostle Paul and today works with atheists, agnostics, skeptics and others who have become disillusioned with life and with religion.
Lady Master Nada is the chohan of the sixth ray of ministration, service and peace. The flame of the sixth ray is purple, the color of violets, flecked with metallic gold and ruby.
Saint Germain, the chohan of the seventh ray of freedom, mercy, transmutation and ritual. Saint Germain holds a very important position as the hierarch of the Aquarian age as well as the chohan of the seventh ray. Known as the Wonderman of Europe, he continues to teach seekers the science of divine alchemy.
Offices of the Seven Chohans
The offices of the seven chohans of the rays are divinely appointed by the cosmic hierarchy. Those who hold these offices are selected from among the most qualified ascended beings who have arisen from earth's schoolrooms. Each one has attained self-mastery and won the ascension by serving humanity on one or more of the seven rays through their embodiments in the world of form.
The chohan for each ray holds sovereign responsibility under divine ordination for the administration to mankind of all the qualitative aspects of their own specific ray, while harmonizing their administration with the other six rays of the white light. The chohans always obey cosmic law; yet they are given certain latitude in keeping with their manifest individual evolution, capacities and special endowments to direct mankind in the most adroit manner, giving such loving assistance and spiritual direction as may be the requirement of the hour.
Each chohan has in their service legions of angelic hosts and ascended brethren who carry out the plan of the Great White Brotherhood for the most complete expression of the seven rays that is possible among mankind of earth.
Individuals are keyed to certain rays in order that they may perform a specific service to God and man. The ray of service to which an individual is attuned may vary from one embodiment to the next, but the reward for service is cumulative. And thus, powerful momentums may be retained from one's past service on several or all of the rays. A balance of attainment on all of the seven rays is a requirement for the ascension and the mark of the golden-age man or woman.
The Seven Chohans Impact All Who Work in the World:
- Statesmen, leaders and organizers are on the first ray under El Morya;
- Teachers, philosophers and educators serve on the second ray under Lanto;
- Artists, designers, beauticians and those of a creative nature serve on the third ray under Paul the Venetian;
- Architects, planners and those dedicated to the purity and discipline of any undertaking serve with Serapis Bey on the fourth ray;
- Doctors, scientists, healers, musicians, mathematicians and those consecrated to truth serve on the fifth ray with Hilarion;
- Ministers, nurses and all who administer to mankind's needs assist Nada on the sixth ray;
- Diplomats, priests of the sacred fire, actors, writers and defenders of freedom serve with Saint Germain on the seventh ray.
If we lack one of these godly attributes and desire to make progress on a particular path back to God, we can pray to our God Presence, our own Holy Christ Self and the chohan of that ray for those qualities we want to see manifest in our world. By doing this, we can make great strides of spiritual progress in a comparatively short time.
Chohans of the Seven Rays
- El Morya, Chohan of the First Ray
- Lord Lanto, Chohan of the Second Ray
- Paul the Venetian, Chohan of the Third Ray
- Serapis Bey, Chohan of the Fourth Ray
- Hilarion, Chohan of the Fifth Ray
- Lady Master Nada, Chohan of the Sixth Ray
- Saint Germain, Chohan of the Seventh Ray
- Maha Chohan
*The word "white" refers not to race but to the white light that surrounds these immortals.
The Ascended Masters - Mark & Elizabeth Clare Prophet
- The Ascended Masters
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet's autobiography, In My Own Words
- The Early Life of Mark L. Prophet
- On Mark Prophet, by Elizabeth Clare Prophet
- Mark Prophet - Teacher
- Mark Prophet - Staff Recollection
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet on Her Education
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet - Who I Am
- Messengers Mark and Elizabeth Clare Prophet
- The Ascended Masters Sponsor The Summit Lighthouse
Spiritual Books on the Teachings of the Ascended Masters
- The Masters and the Spiritual Path
- Lords of the Seven Rays: Mirror of Consciousness
- The Path of the Higher Self: Climb the Highest Mountain series, #1
- Corona Class Lessons By Jesus and Kuthumi
- Dossier on the Ascension by Serapis Bey
- The Human Aura by Kuthumi and Djwal Kul
- Saint Germain on Alchemy: Formulas for Self-Transformation