Using Breathing Techniques
The breath and the mind are connected. By consciously controlling your breathing, you can calm and focus your mind and enter higher states of consciousness.
The slow, rhythmic breathing that accompanies chanting and repetitive prayer may be partly responsible for its beneficial physical effects.
Breathing Techniques for Decreeing
- Before you start your decree session, take a slow, deep breath, center in your heart and visualize yourself under your I AM Presence.
- Blow all of the air out of your lungs, then breathe in again slowly visualizing the Spirit of God to entering your body as scintillating white light.
You may wish to say Om or I AM THAT I AM slowly and in one breath before you begin your session.
As you decree, keep your breathing slow and rhythmic. Decrees are rhythmic by nature and have natural breathing places in them, just like in songs. Be aware of the "break points" and don't let yourself get out of breath. Elizabeth Clare Prophet pointed out that these break points in the decrees are the places for the Holy Spirit to enter in.
In this way, the rhythm of your breathing works with the rhythm of the decree to help draw down the maximum amount of Light from your I AM Presence.
- Your Real Self
- The Mind-Body Connection of Prayer
- Sound The Energy Of Creation
- Decrees and Mantras: Stories and Studies
Exploring the Science of the Spoken Word
- Start Your Day With Heart, Head and Hand Decree
- Your Tube of Light - Get Closer to Your Higher Self
- Traveling Protection - Archangel Michael Is Your Guard
- Protect Our Youth - Save the Children
- I AM the Light of the Heart - Help Me to Be Heart-Centered
- Adoration to God - Intensify Love
- Fiats for the Elementals - Care for the Earth
- Heal Us according to God's Will
- Lord, Give Me Patience - Count to Nine
- Transfiguring Affirmations of Jesus the Christ
- Personal Transformation - I AM the Violet Flame
- The Violet Flame
- What Is the Science of the Spoken Word?
- Mastering The Art And Science Of Spoken Prayer
- Decrees - Listen And Experiment
Books on Prayer, Meditation and the Science of the Spoken Word
- I Am Your Guard - How Archangel Michael Can Protect You
- The Science of the Spoken Word
- Creative Power of Sound: Affirmations to Create, Heal and Transform
- Prayer and Meditation
- The Chela and the Path: Keys to Soul Mastery in the Aquarian Age